Hello Bloggers!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Old Fashion Lye Soap Restocking

Finally a few more batches of my lye soaps are cured and have been put on my website.

The soap balls I made a couple weeks ago should be ready to sell over the next few days or so.

Kitchen Tip: Have you ever made hamburger patties and didn't wear gloves.... only to go and wash your hands afterwards with liquid dish soap or any other kind of soap.... and OH what a pain it is to get that grease off your hands? Grab some Lye Soap and it'll wash that grease off your hands like magic!!! Any kind I carry will cut through grease like that, but Lye Soaps with coffee in them also deodorizes.... like icky onion smells... poof gone. Will work for dishes also, without ever harming your skin.

Blackstrap Molasses Clove n' Brown Sugar Cinnamon

Orange Coffee

Praline Sweet Potato

Brown Flax Almond

Lilac Brown Flax (my Friend Rachael designed this kind last year)

Clove Coffee

Don't be under the impression that Lye Soap's are harsh.... they aren't. Mine are very gentle. Any of the 'Milk' soaps I love to use in the shower... even on my face. Those are probably the most soothing. Although my Father refuses to use ANY other kind except Basic Lard & Lye... the plain stuff... he's such a Guy. He's told me that over time, he's not using the hand lotion like he always had before with using store brand soap bars... he told me that even working outside in the barn on his tractor, that his hands are holding up better, without drying out in this cold weather, because he's been using just the lye soap. His skin hasn't been clogged up with a bunch of residue it didn't need... and now? his skin is better for using the Lye soap. (he's in his 70's)

Lye soap rinses 'Clean' without leaving residue on your skin. The soaps that I've put veggies in (like sweet potato or pumpkin) ohhh those are for more moisturizing. Coffee's and Cinnamon's.... well, they of course smell good but they can be used for deodorizing or for after you're working in the yard for your hands. There's just so many different kinds for so many different tastes or jobs... but all are very gentle.

If you ever have any questions on any of my soaps, I'm just an email away.

Blessings, Jean :)

My Website

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The new soaps look GREAT!!:)

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Thanks for the info Jean. These look wonderful! Boy, I really can't get the grease of my hands after makin' hamburg patties! I may have to treat myself to a few of these. :> )
~Karin

Hallowed Hill Primitives said...

Hey Jean Bean. This is a good spot to tell the story about my husband Peter washing his hair with your oatmeal soap and having to pick out the bits and pieces afterwards, LOL! He's a Basic Lard and Lye guy now, too!

I love the Lilac and Brown Flax myself. . . .

Sarah

Sylvia Anderson said...

I can almost smell them!! Mmmmmm! You've been busy!

Rachael Kinnison said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh and You K*N*O*W* the Lilac is my FAVORITE! I am S*T*I*L*L* on the FIRST bar that I got from you last year....these things last FOREWVER! (I bought 12 didnt I??? I think I should add them to the will to be doled out between the children when I die)